THREE ROMANCE CLICHÉS THAT I LOVE

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

In one of my recent posts, I ranted talked about three romance clichés that drive me crazy (click here to read it!). But, to be honest, I LOVE some clichés. Clichés can be bad, but they can also be like a mug of cocoa--nice, comforting, predictable, and exactly what you need. Now, without further ado, here are three romance clichés that I LOVE. 

The Damsel in Distress <3 


I LOVE THIS CLICHÉ SO MUCH. I blame it on the Disney princess movies that I will never get enough of. Just ask my siblings. 
But honestly, what can be more romantic than a prince saving his princess from a fire-breathing dragon, a poison-apple induced sleep, a sea-witch, or an evil stepmother? I'M KIDDING I'M BEING SARCASTIC. Or am I? One can never tell. ;) I really like this cliché because it totally goes against the "strong" women cliché (check out this post to see my rant thoughts). Also, it's romantic. Just watch the Disney princess movies. Thank you very much. 

Romeo and Juliet <3


What I mean by Romeo and Juliet is FORBIDDEN LLLLLOOOOOVVVVVEEEE. But this cliché does need to meet some conditions for me to love it. Like I actually have to LIKE the characters okay? Conditions such as their love shouldn't be forbidden for good reasons. For example, a family feud is not a good reason to not fall in love. Just saying. Another condition is that I would like for it to have a happy ending (I'm looking at you, Shakesepeare). Please. Happily ever afters make me VERY happy. 

Hate to Love <3


Don't you love it when two characters start out hating each others' guts and then end up falling madly in love? I know that I do! Not only is it slightly humorous, but it is also so stinking adorable when it does happen. ESPECIALLY if a good dose of sarcasm is thrown in the mix. For example, Darcy and Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is my favorite hate-to-love relationship. Another book that had a great hate-to-love relationship was Unblemished by Sara Ella (read my review by clicking here). Read it and then we can fangirl together, okay? =)


What are some romance clichés that YOU love? 

29 comments:

  1. OHHH I LOVE the same things!!!!!! All of these I love. Especially the LAST. <333333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate to Love is my weakness, though friends-to-lovers is my favorite romance trope <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, just friends to in love is so good too! How could I forget that? <3

      Delete
  3. Yessssss, hate to love!! I honestly don’t know why I like it so much.....and I’m with Abigail: friends-to-lovers is also awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, all the love to all three of these <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with the "hate to love" cliche--it's one of my faves too. :)

    (And I agree with Nicole and Abigail, as well. Friends to lovers is such a good trope too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. *high five* Hate to love is epic!

      I agree too! I have no idea how I forgot that one for this post. =(

      Delete
  6. My all time favorite romance trope is hate to love!! In fact most of my favorite books include it in some way 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love it whenever I find it in a book. What’s one of your favorite books with hate to love?

      Delete
  7. Ummm yes 💛💛 esp Pride and Prejudice!! Loved this posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES TO PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. That is my favorite hate to love relationship EVER. =) And thank you!

      Delete
  8. Hate to love is probably my favourite, because it can be very realistic and identifiable... and hilarious!! I also like the friends-to-lovers one, because it's SO CUTE!!! (And realistic. Sorry. I don't like unrealistic romances:P)
    P.S. Micaiah, I LOVE the photos on this post!! So beautiful, and such a good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE hate to love for all of those reasons as well! =D I agree. Unrealistic romances send me running away screaming. xD

      Aw, thank you so much! <3 I've been dabbling in photography lately and was excited to show some of what I've learned! =)

      Delete
  9. Hate to love is the best! My favorite type of romance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly. Hate to love is almost the cutest thing if it's done right.
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I’ve seen some bad hate to love relationships, but when it’s done well... <3

      Delete
  11. ughhh yes, hate to love is the most adorable thing ever and I love it. xD Did you like all the three books you had in the pictures? If so I'll probably go check them out at some point. ;D

    Lilian - greenteawithbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wholeheartedly! And yes, I did enjoy all three books. You should definitely check them out! =)

      Delete
    2. Okie dokie, I will then. ^-^ (also I'm reading a hate-to-love romance novel right now and <3)

      Lilian | co-founder of Stellae Books (stellaebooks.wordpress.com)
      main blog | greenteawithbooks.wordpress.com

      Delete
  12. I love how you did this edition too! I LOVE ELIZABETH AND MR. DARCY <3 <3 <3 I've always thought Beatrice and Benedick were the cutest Shakespeare couple, even though they start out hating each other!

    -Hanna
    takingmytime.rothfuss.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I’m glad! Confession time: I have never read any complete work of Shakespeare’s, only snippets. Which play are Beatrice and Benedict in? If it’s a hate to love relationship, I’d LOVE to read about it. Also.... SHAKESPEARE. <3

      Delete
    2. SHAKESPEARE IS BEAUTIFUL. But generally long and complicated, so I get it. =)

      Beatrice and Benedick are in Much Ado About Nothing. It's ironically not my favorite play, but I think they're adorable. *heart eyes* Benedick was basically my first fictional crush. . . (except maybe Robin Hood from the Disney animated movie) My favorite plays are Julius Caesar and The Tempest.

      -Hanna
      takingmytime.rothfuss.us

      Delete

Yay, you've decided to leave a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from my readers and can't wait to see what you have to say. Be sure to check back for my response, as I do my best to respond to all of your notes! =)

CopyRight © Micaiah Saldaña | Header and Brand Designed By Eric Barr | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan