The Liebster Award, Round Two

Saturday, February 17, 2018

It's time for a second round of the Liebster Award! I did it awhile ago (you can check out the first post here), but the lovely Catharine tagged me again, as did Audrey Caylin. Of course, I couldn't resist doing it again, especially with the new questions. =) Thank you, Catharine and Audrey! =)
The Rules
Thank the person who nominated you. 
Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
Name 11 facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 bloggers to do this tag, and let them know (I will be breaking this rule xD).
Give them 11 questions to answer.
11 Random Facts About Me
  1. My favorite college basketball team is the UK Wildcats. GO WILDCATS!!! =D 
  2. I go by my middle name. My first name is Rochelle, but since that’s what my mother and grandmother go by, I go by my middle name, Micaiah. 
  3. I am named after an OT prophet who prophesied against Ahab. You can find his story in 1 Kings 22:1-28. 
  4. Lots of people say my name incorrectly. The correct way to say my name is MY-KAY-UH. Hopefully that makes sense. =) 
  5. I can’t stand any scraping noises of any kind. Forks against teeth, swords sliding out of sheaths, nails on a chalkboard… *clamps hand over ears and grimaces*
  6. My favorite superhero is the Flash. 
  7. Although my favorite superhero is the Flash, I usually prefer Marvel over DC. 
  8. I love caramel almost as much as I love chocolate. My family makes fun of me because I want to add caramel to “everything.” Not everything….. Maybe. xD 
  9. I love any and all shades of blue. 
  10. My dream car is a powder blue VW bug. 
  11. I’m terrible at playing soccer and pretty much any sport. Just ask my friends. xD 
Before this goes any further, here's the pretty award. =)
The Questions
What's your favorite season?

My favorite season is probably autumn. I love wearing sweaters, drinking mochas, and seeing all of the pretty fall colors in the not-too-cold-not-too-hot weather. And autumn is such a great season for writing! =)

Have you ever wished that you could go back in time? Why?

Yes, I have. I've always wanted to go to the past and crash a Victorian era ball, get some SUPER vintage books (a typewriter wouldn't hurt either), meet Jane Austen, shake George Washington’s hand… If only I had a WABAC. *sigh*

Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I had discovered that I had a gift of writing and I wanted to share that gift with the world. I wanted to help bring people closer to Jesus through the words I wrote and to make a difference by using twenty six letters of the alphabet.

What's your dream vacation?
My dream vacation would be an American road trip. I would take my family and our Airstream and we’d visit every single state, stopping whenever and wherever we wanted to. Visit Washington D.C.? Sure. Hike part of the Appalachian trail? You bet. See a Cubs game in Chicago? Absolutely! And there would be s’mores. Lots and lots of s’mores… What's cool is that I get to live my dream vacation, little by little, as my family travels America! =) 

What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to try but never have?

I've always wanted to try to actually play an instrument. I don't know if I'd be good at it (I'm guessing that the answer is NO), but I could at least be musical in some way, shape, or form. You never know until you try, right? 

Team Cap or Team Iron Man?
Team Cap all the time! No offense, Iron Man, but honestly, I agree with Captain America on so many levels. It helps that he's one of my favorite superheroes, of course. =D

What’s your favorite book of the bible?

My favorite book of the Bible is Luke. It's not only my favorite Gospel, but also my favorite story.

Tea or coffee?

Can I pick neither? How about a mocha? Or a mug of salted caramel hot chocolate? ANYTHING WITH CHOCOLATE AND CARAMEL.

Cats or Dogs?
Dogs. Puppies. Puppy dogs. I LOVE MY PUPPIES. Just LOOK at that face. Yup, dogs. Dogs all the time. =)

What were your favorite novels in middle school?

In middle school, I really loved Alister McGrath's Aedyn Chronicles and Kate Dicamillo's Because of Winn-Dixie. I was also pretty into Gary Paulsen's novels, Chuck Black, and Melanie Dickerson. Especially Melanie Dickerson. =)

What’s someplace you’ve always wanted to visit?

Wow, I've been to so many places that I've dreamed of going that it's hard to pick somewhere. I've always wanted to travel to Mexico though. I'd love to soak up the culture, eat lots of yummy food, and visit my sponsored child. =)

I Tag...
Madeline Joy @ Tower of Joy 
D.G. Snapper @ Silver Phoenix
+ Anyone who agrees that caramel makes everything better! Or anyone who wants to, I suppose. =)

My Questions... 
  1. What are your three favorite fonts? 
  2. Who are some people that inspire you, and in what ways do they do that? 
  3. If you’re a writer, how do you see yourself incorporated (most of the time unknowingly) inside your stories? 
  4. A hooded man tells you he is looking for someone to join him on an adventure. What do you do? 
  5. How long, on average, does it take you to put together a blog post? 
  6. If you could create a word, what would it be, and what would it describe? 
  7. What is one word you are constantly misspelling? 
  8. Quick, the house is on fire! Which three items do you grab before running out the door? 
  9. If you could change your name, what would you change it to? 
  10. What’s your dream pet? 
  11. Cake or ice cream?

Be sure to check out Catharine and Audrey's blogs! What's one random fact about YOU? What's someplace you've always wanted to visit? What was one of your favorite novels as a kid? Let' chat, friends! =)

17 comments:

  1. Great questions! Thanks for tagging me!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Micaiah, I tagged you on my blog! Enjoy!
    https://bookscamerasandsucculents.blogspot.co.nz/2018/02/cake-flavoured-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thanks for tagging me, Micaiah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this post with us, Michaiah! =)
    Jaidyn Elise<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this! :-) (And you should TOTALLY learn to play a musical instrument! It takes practice, but trust me, it's totally worth it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you loved it, Skylar! I know you play an instrument. The violin, right? How long have you been playing? If I could play an instrument, I would probably either want to play the guitar, violin, or piano. Maybe I'll start looking into lessons. =)

      Delete
  6. I have a friend named Micaiah, so I knew how to pronounce it! *Cough* after a long time of saying it wrong...
    Oh, I love VW's! I would love a Mini Cooper, but my second favorite cars are VW's. =)
    This was a really fun post!

    Mikayla || ordinarygirlextraordinaryfather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool that you have friend named Micaiah! I always get excited when I meet/hear of another Micaiah because it's not a very common name. Haha, Micaiah can be a hard name. xD

      VWs and Mini Coopers are adorable! What color would your Mini Cooper be? =)

      Thanks, Mikayla! Love your name, by the way. =)

      Delete
  7. Aw, I love your answers, Micaiah! I'm dying to go on an American rode trip too :D

    And yes. Captain American all the way XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, yes, I know that I'm tragically late with my comment, sorry! But I just had to add that my favorite novels in middle school were Because of Winn-Dixie and Tucket's Travels, the latter of which is by Paulsen, of course. And my favorite book of the Bible is a toss-up between Luke (fun fact you can find my name in the third chapter) and Acts. And PUPPIES ALL THE WAY. And I was thrilled to find that I have been pronouncing your name in my head correctly...whew.

    Sorry that was a bit of a ramble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's alright! =) I'm always discovering new late comments that make my day! Oh my goodness, Because of Winn-Dixie is the BEST. My favorite of Paulsen's was probably The Cook Camp, although I never got around to Tucket's Travels. YAY YOU GOT MY NAME RIGHT!!!! *cupcakes and confetti because this never happens xD*

      It's all right, I love rambles!

      Delete

Yay, you've decided to leave a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from my readers and can't wait to see what you have to say. Be sure to check back for my response, as I do my best to respond to all of your notes! =)

CopyRight © Micaiah Saldaña | Header and Brand Designed By Eric Barr | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan