A Very BIG Announcement!

Saturday, March 31, 2018

I have big news people. Big, ginormous, humungous news. Drumroll, please...

I WON THE ONE TEEN STORY WRITING CONTEST!!!

*insert confetti, fireworks, and my screaming here* 

My short story "Dear Jamie, Love Rory" won the 13-15 age category in One Teen Story's writing contest! You can read the announcement here. And here's a snippet (the same one from the announcement post):

“I hate that I had to sing happy birthday to a blurry figure on a screen that looks like you, but at the same time, with his buzz cut and camouflage…Doesn’t.”


So, dear readers, "Dear Jamie, Love Rory" is going to be PUBLISHED IN AN ISSUE OF ONE TEEN STORY!!! I am SO excited and blessed! God is so good! I am extremely honored to have won, and I would like to congratulate the other winners and thank everyone at One Story for this opportunity. I can't wait for you all to meet Jamie and Rory in "Dear Jamie, Love Rory." =) 

Also, happy early Easter, everyone! <3 I hope that you all have a great Easter weekend! 


P.S. I know this is a short announcement, but don't worry, I will have a regular post coming next week. =) 

23 comments:

  1. CONGRATS AGAIN, MY FRIEND!! I am SO, SO HAPPY that you won! <3 <3 <3

    ~ Savannah | Scattered Scribblings

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEP SO HAPPY FOR YOU *applauds and confetti* so excited!! It sounds awesome :DD

    xx lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS MICAIAH!! Have a good Easter!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine! I hope that you have a great Easter as well. =)

      Delete
  4. Great job, Micaiah!!! You must have been really excited when you won. :D

    Lily @ lilymaesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lily! I was EXTREMELY excited. I must've been a sight to see, what with my crying and frantic calling of my mom. xD

      Delete
  5. Many congratulations to you! That's awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. THRILLED FOR YOUR PART!!!! Well, well done, Micaiah! <3

    Can't wait to read your story! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jeanette! =) I cannot wait for you to read it either!

      Delete
  7. Micaiah!!! That's awesome! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Squee! Congrats! That's so awesome!!! Hard work pays off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Yes, hard work and late nights do pay off. =)

      Delete
  9. *confetti for the great author* Congratulations, Micaiah!!

    ReplyDelete

Yay, you've decided to leave a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from my readers and can't wait to see what you have to say. Be sure to check back for my response, as I do my best to respond to all of your notes! =)

CopyRight © Micaiah Saldaña | Header and Brand Designed By Eric Barr | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan