Goodbye...

Friday, April 27, 2018

Goodbye...
...friends down the street.
...playground and basketball court across the street.
...babysitting sweet kiddos down the street and beyond.
...bedroom plastered in quotes and memories with my stuff lying everywhere.
...house, where so, so many memories were made.
...beaches that seem to have more rocks than sand, and yet still are some of my favorite places in the world.
...Tillamook ice cream and cheese.
...sunsets that never cease to take my breath away.
...Seattle, with its Space Needle, market where fish are thrown and the best Greek yogurt is served, and fountains that kids play in.
...hauling cartons of milk and bags of bagels delivered by the milkman into the house every Thursday.
...bike rides down gravel roads.
...Mt. Rainier peeking out of the ever-present clouds, snow still coating her even in the summer.
...forests that never cease to remind me of Narnia.
...sound of rain pittering and pattering outside my window nearly every day.
...cloudy days and cloudy nights.
...walking to the mailbox with high hopes of a letter or package.
...lakes, ferns, and mosses that make the world look magical.
...picking blackberries in the summertime and eating them like candy.
...coffee shops that serve the best cocoas and mochas.
...sunshiny days that everyone in the Pacific Northwest lives for, because when the sun is out, there is no more beautiful place in the world than here. 
...trips to the Oregon coast on weekends. 
...spot on the map that I've come to love, the place that I've come to call home
Goodbye, home.
I miss you. 


As I'm sure you can tell by this post, my family is moving from the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We're heading to the Lone Star state! Although I already miss this place I've come to call home, I'm excited to see what God has in store for me in Texas! 
 Because of my move, I'll be taking a hiatus this May-minus one special post. ;) Don't worry, I'll be back in June! =) Until then... See you soon!

23 comments:

  1. It's always a bittersweet experience. I hope you come to love your new place.
    Gorgeous pictures by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Skye! I have always found moving to be, as you said, bittersweet.

      Delete
  2. Hope all goes well! Seattle is so beautiful, and it looks even better in your pictures. :)

    Also, you nearly gave me a heart attack with that title. XD

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brianna! Seattle is gorgeous, and I loved being able to visit it. =)

      Haha, I thought I might, which is one reason I put that title up. xD

      Delete
  3. Aw, all the best with the move and settling in your new home! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Ellen! That means a lot to me. <3

      Delete
  5. Yikes you scared me. I thought you were leaving the blogosphere and I would have been sorely unhappy if that happened...

    Wow, from Seattle to Texas? Now there is a big move. Hope everything goes well, Micaiah!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that’s one of the reasons I titled it goodbye. Aw, don’t worry, I won’t be leaving the blogosphere! =)

      It is a very big move, and a bit of a culture shock as well! Thank you! =)

      Delete
  6. Wow! What a big move. Love your adventurous attitude, as always. <3 Sorry for everything you have to say goodbye to.
    I've never made such a big move, but we're moving out of the only house I remember living in this summer, so I relate to this a little.
    See you in June, my friend!!

    -Hanna
    takingmytime.rothfuss.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank thank you, Hanna. You’re so sweet. <3

      Aw, I’m so sorry that you have to leave your house! Even moving houses can be hard, because of all the memories that four walls can hold. I’ll be thinking of you and praying for you as you make this big change, my friend!

      Delete
    2. <3
      (I love the way those makeshift hearts turn out in this font!! =))
      Thanks so much. I'll be praying for you too.

      Delete
  7. Wow! I find moves hard, so I really appreciate your attitude of adventure, Micaiah :) Thank you for sharing. Thinking of you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanette! =) Aw, you’re welcome! <3 And once again, thank you! You’re so sweet!

      Delete
  8. Goodbyes are always hard. I can't wait to see what God has in store for you next, though! And hey, you'll be in my state, so maybe we'll have to meet up sometime!
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, goodbyes are always hard. And thank you so much, Mikayla! =)

      Delete
  9. Welcome to Texas! I apologize in advance for the heat and the mosquitoes, but Texas is a great state to live in! And that's a really impressive move - I hope that it goes well for you all. I know it's hard for you to leave the place that you've lived in for so long and have so many memories of, but I hope that you are able to make many, many new happy memories at your new home.

    ~True // atruewriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, True! =) Haha, it's all right about the heat and mosquitoes. I'll just huddle inside with ice cream and books. xD Aw, you're so sweet, True. Thank you so much for your kind words! =)

      Delete
  10. I hope your move goes well, I know all the changes can be hard at times. But you will make great memories in Texas too!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Brooklyne! I already have begun making some wonderful memories in Texas and look forward to being able to make new ones!

      Delete

Yay, you've decided to leave a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from my readers and can't wait to see what you have to say. Be sure to check back for my response, as I do my best to respond to all of your notes! =)

CopyRight © Micaiah Saldaña | Header and Brand Designed By Eric Barr | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan