What Am I? ~ A Shakespearean Sonnet

Friday, August 31, 2018


Sometimes when I am left to ponder,

The roll of the clouds, the glow of the moon, the soar of an eagle, the height of the sky, 

I, like a child, can't help but wonder, 

In all of this, what am I? 


The roar of the storm, the ocean wide,

Spirals of rock, evergreens, ethereal flowers and mountain kings, 

A bow of color in the sky, the ebb and flow of the passing tide,

What am I, amidst all of this creation that sings


The yawn of a canyon, the crescendo of light, 

Scampering does, skittering leaves, fluttering birds, towering trees,

The dance of stars in a dark blue night,

What am I, amidst all of these? 


Perhaps it is not what I am that I should dwell on, nor on all of this majesty,
But rather, on the hands that made all of this, and me

20 comments:

  1. Micaiah, this is WONDERFUL! I love the rhyming... so gorgeous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, this is cool! That last line especially is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love sonnets and have written a few myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel! I love sonnets as well. They are one of my favorite forms of poetry. =)

      Delete
  4. So beautiful!! <3 Thank you for directing our eyes back to the Creator :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so beautiful!! There are so many gorgeous phrases in here. <3 Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you find this beautiful. <3 Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Wow, such beautiful and powerful words! Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post! Those pictures are amazing!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those words created a lot of impact and had a lot of deep meaning :) Beautiful job Micaiah!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Yay, you've decided to leave a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from my readers and can't wait to see what you have to say. Be sure to check back for my response, as I do my best to respond to all of your notes! =)

CopyRight © Micaiah Saldaña | Header and Brand Designed By Eric Barr | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan