2017

Sunday, January 1, 2017


Can anyone else believe that it’s 2017? I mean, it feels like it was 2016 just yesterday…

Wait a second, it was 2016 yesterday.

A lot happened in 2016. I moved twice, once from Europe to South Carolina and then again from South Carolina to Washington. I started high school. Matthias came home. I wrote the first draft of my novel. It was a pretty epic year, full of ups and downs and a ton of blessings. And guess what? There's a new year ahead of us to do some crazy awesome stuff! I know a lot of us have some goals for the next year, so I thought I’d share five of my writing and reading related goals…
This year, I want to be more diligent about studying the Bible. One of the resources I plan on using is She Read Truth. I used their plan to study the Bible during the Advent season, and I plan on using their Esther and Timothy studies in January.
I really didn't read as much as I wanted to in 2016, and 100 seems like a reasonable number... Don't you think? =)

I’ve always wanted to do this, but I’ve always had some excuse. This is the year, guys. *silently screams at self for insanity*
I would love to blog once a week in 2017! I think I can make this work… I think.
*hides the fact that I’m not even done with the second one* Right now, I’m strengthening the plot and developing my characters even more. And then there’s the whole I-wrote-the-first-draft-in-a-notebook-so-I’m-turning-it-into-a-Word-doc fiasco… I’d love for this to be ready for beta readers by the summer, way far away, I know.

This new year, let's remember that 2017 isn’t just a year to check stuff off our bucket lists or stick to our resolutions. It’s a time to grow. A time to follow. A time to do.

I can’t wait to see what God has planned for us in this new year, can’t you?
What did you guys do to ring in the new year? How are liking the new blog? =) What are some of your goals for 2017?
Happy New Year!

19 comments:

  1. Oooohh!!! I love the new look, Micaiah! (and the name...I'm a notebook hoarder myself XD)

    I fell asleep listening to the rain for my New Year :) I'm thinking of camp...but have no clue what I'd write at the same time!

    It's so cool that your novel is almost ready for beta reading! I'm going to ask my mom to alpha mine, and hopefully send it out for beta-ing mid-spring :P

    I'll definitely be sticking around here for some posts :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Audrey! =) I love your blog's new look as well! Haha, I'm a notebook hoarder too.

      That sounds like something out of a book.. I stayed up late with my sisters. I may do camp, but I don't know what I'd do either.

      I'll probably do the same, except mine will be ready for beta readers in the summer.

      I'm so glad! =) Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Love the new blog, Micaiah!!! SO PRETTY!!!!
    Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I like your new blog! Last night I celebrated NYE by plotting an amaaazing new story that I'm obsessed with (haha I lead such an exciting life XD). What's Camp NaNo?

    Hailey
    haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hailey! That actually sounds really fun! Camp Nano is a virtual writers retreat in which writers can tackle a writing project. There's a camp in April and one in July. Here's a link for you: http://campnanowrimo.org/about

      Delete
  4. Love it, Micaiah! Will the other one stay up, or will you just have this one?
    Your title though! #awesomeness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on taking the other one down in a month, just so everyone knows I've moved. I'm just going to have this one. =) I really like Blogger!
      Aw, thanks! =)

      Delete
  5. Love the new name and look! Sounds like an exciting year ahead of you. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! =) I'm glad you like it! We miss you guys like crazy!

      Delete
  6. LOVE the new look, Micaiah! It's so fresh and open :D. Plus the name is EPIC *hugs all the notebooks and novels in my dragon hoard* xD.

    OH GRACIOUS - MICAIAH SALDANA, you MUST do NaNo. Seriously, for me, choosing to do NaNoWriMo made a big change in my writing life and I'm SO GLAD that I did it. Even if it's insane xD. I hope you do it this year - it would be fun to have another WriMo writing buddy! :D

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Savannah! I'm glad you like it! =) *hugs my notebooks and novels*

      I KNOW I MUST AND I SHALL. This will be the year.. Can't wait to have a Wrimo buddy! =)

      Delete
  7. I think your new blog design is lovely, Micaiah! =D
    I agree with Savannah, I think the name is perfect, and fits what this blog is about!! =D

    Your goals are wonderful, and I'm sure that you can accomplish all of them if you really put your mind to it!! =)

    I hope you have a amazing year. =D
    Jaidyn Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jaidyn! =) You're so sweet! I hope you have a wonderful year!

      Delete
    2. Your welcome, Micaiah! =D Aww, thank you. =D *blushes* Likewise!! =D
      Jaidyn Elise

      Delete
  8. Eeeeep. Theodore drafts O.o
    I'm only through one chapter in drfat two for my novel. I'm hoping to get it done.
    And both camp nano's + nanowrimo because why shouldn't I stress myslef out and try to write two books this year? Haha I really shouldn't but I'm trying.
    Woah those are two big moves. I hope you've adjusted :p
    And yay!!! I'm planning on reading 100 books too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Scary! I hope you get it done soon! =)
      Haha, it's an idea for me to do both, but that would be... Humanly impossible?
      I have! They're sad but also exciting. I've been able to keep in touch with a lot of my friends from SC, and one got to visit me for a few days so that was awesomeness.
      Awesome! Let us read allll the books! =)

      Delete
  9. Ugh third not theodore. That's what I get for commenting on my phone *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new look! I rang in the new year by watching X Men with my fam. Some goals are to read the bible and to be in the company.

    ReplyDelete

Yay, you've decided to leave a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from my readers and can't wait to see what you have to say. Be sure to check back for my response, as I do my best to respond to all of your notes! =)

CopyRight © Micaiah Saldaña | Header and Brand Designed By Eric Barr | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan