The Liebster Award

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Annndddd I'm back. It's been awhile, but here I am, and I've been tagged with the Liebster Award by both the amazing Karyssa Norton @ No Coffee, No Can Do and Pip and Lolly @ Pip and Lolly. But first, the rules... 
Rules:
Link back to the person who tagged you.
Answer the eleven questions.
Tag eleven bloggers and let them know.
Ask your tagged bloggers eleven questions.
So first, Karyssa's questions.....
How long have you been writing? 

When I was little, I’d crank out bits of poetry (my first poem was titled “Apple Cider Bubble Bath”) and create my own picture books, but I first started writing seriously about two years ago, when I first learned that I was actually good at this whole writing thing through a school project. It was then that I began writing longer stories beyond trips to the carnival and it was then that I started my blog.

When you write, do you like to type or write by hand? 

Despite my many escapades with writing novels in notebooks, I mainly end up typing. First of all, my hand prefers it. Like, REALLY prefers it. Secondly, it's SO much faster than writing by hand, not to mention neater. Lastly, there's something about that clickety click sound as my fingers sweep across the keyboard that is so satisfying. Am I the only one? =) And yes, I just copied, pasted, and slightly edited this answer from the Sunshine Blogger tag. xD

Oxford comma: yay or nay and why? 

*cheers for the oxford comma* Yay! Because that’s what I was taught to be proper grammar when I was a little girl, it just looks right (in my humble opinion, that is), and I love the name.

Do you prefer movies or shows? 
No, my family's tv does not look like that. Sorry. xD
Shows. Because then I can spend several seasons with the characters I love instead of just an hour and a half. It’s the same with stand-alone novels and book series for me. I prefer series for the same reason. =)

If you could only visit one other country, which one would it be? 

Ummmm…. Seeing that I’ve already visited a bunch, I’d head to Uganda (again). I miss the red dirt and smiling faces SO much. There’s no place on earth that I’d rather be than in the humidity and sunshine of Uganda.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert? 

I’d say I’m an introvert, but once you get to know me, well…. Just ask my friends. You’ve been warned. xD

What's one random thing about you that few people know? 

One random thing…. Only one? *pouts* Well, I happen to be obsessed with typewriters. Seriously. I love them. They’re so pretty and they make that lovely click-click-ding-ding sound and they have some of my favorite font and—

I just love typewriters.
What is your favorite animal? 
I want one. 
*head bang* I have to choose between itty bitty otters, super cute sea lions, cuddly puppies, and fluffy chinchillas?! I don’t do well with these types of questions. I suppose my favorite animal would be a horse. I’ve loved nearly everything about horses ever since I was little, petting them, riding them, seeing them outside the car window, writing about them…. *sigh*

What quote (from a book, movie, YouTube video, etc) do you find yourself saying often? 

Believe it or not, it’s a Disney quote. From Frozen. Whenever my sisters and I are bored, I almost always ask, “Do you wanna build a snowman?” And you know what? They don’t tell me to go away!

If you could see yourself from someone else's perspective, whose perspective would you choose and why? (It could be a family member's, friend's, your local librarian, etc.) 

I’d choose to see myself from my sister Malia’s perspective because her perspective would be very honest and down to earth, so I’d be able to see what I’m doing right and what I’m not doing right.

Would you rather live in the city, or the country? 
Isn't it so fairytale like? =)
The country, for sure! Just think about it. *daydreams* A quaint little cottage where I can read, write, and bake all day and then I’ll walk outside and pet my pretty horses and cuddle the baby rabbits and watch the sunset and…. *cars whizz by* I did say I was daydreaming, right?

And now my next nominee's questions.....
Why do you blog? 

I blog because it’s a way I can connect with other writers in an awesome community where we encourage each other and help each other grow. I blog because it’s a great way to help start my dream writing career. I blog because I enjoy writing posts and talking to my lovely readers in the comments.

What makes you feel on top of the world? 

Lots of stuff make me feel on top of the world. A scoop of salted caramel ice cream. A hug from my little brother. My dog deciding to (finally) cuddle with me. Spending time with my friends. Being sent into jaw dropping awe because of God’s incredible creation and His awesome majesty. It’s the little things and the big things that make me feel like I could fly on top of the world.

How do you cheer yourself up after a bad day or disappointment? 

I’ll either write a woe-is-me letter to God or binge read. Or both. Cuddling with and whining to my dog Wrigley helps too.

If you could live in any book for a week, which book would it be? 
*sigh* All the pretty books...
Okay, let’s see…. Not The Hunger Games, I wouldn’t last a week in that book. Probably The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. That would be SO fun to live in Narnia for a week. I’d get to wear pretty dresses, ride unicorns, stay at Cair Paravel, have tea with Mr. Tumnus, and ASLAN. Enough said.

If you could play any character in any movie, TV series, book etc. who would it be? 

Elizabeth Thatcher from When Calls The Heart. I’d love to teach a one room schoolhouse in an adorable little town out in the middle nowhere! Plus, she’s a writer, and I can find myself relating to her on quite a few occasions.

What is your favorite place you’ve ever visited or lived? 

I actually don’t have a favorite and simply cannot pick one in the place I’ve lived area. Each place I’ve lived has been special and unique, both in the location, the people, and the culture. But in the realm of places I’ve visited…. This is also super hard, but probably Uganda. I love that country to death.

If money wasn’t an object, where do you want to be in five years? 

If money wasn’t an object…. I’d want to have a big giant house in some foreign country with a bunch of adorable kids, and I’d bake them cookies and write them stories when we wouldn’t be out and about serving wherever we could. Basically, I want to be a missionary/writer/blogger/cookie baker/mom to many (aka like Katie Davis).

Are you a girly girl or would you consider yourself more of a tomboy? 
I’m not a girly girl (sparkles and the color pink don’t appeal that much to me), but I’m not necessarily a tomboy either (I mean…. What’s wrong with a day at the mall?) I’d say I’m somewhere in the middle. For example, I’d love to go on a hike and watch a baseball game, but then I’d also like t
o smear on facials and binge watch Downton Abbey.

What is your first memory? 

That’s a hard one (as if these others haven’t been difficult). I think I can vaguely remember chasing ducks somewhere…. But that’s about it.

How do you tell people you love them? 

I don’t always say it, but I like to do random things to show people that I care through little things like asking if I can help them, how they’re doing, and engaging in a conversation, but also in things a bit more noticeable like leaving someone a note or doing a chore. I don’t just like to say “I love you,” I like to show it.

What do you want others to see in you? 
I want other to look at me and see a young woman who loves the Lord with all her heart and pursues him no matter what. I want them to see Jesus through my imperfect self; I want them to see a light in the dark.
I Tag...
Anyone who wants to do this tag! Surely eleven people will want to do this tag, right? =)

My Questions...
I'm going to be stealing some questions from my awesome nominees, since I'm feeling very un-original right now. =) 
  1. How long have you been writing?
  2. Oxford comma: yay or nay and why?
  3. What's one random thing about you that few people know?
  4. What's a quote that you find yourself saying often?
  5. Would you rather live in the city or the country?
  6. If you could be any character in one of you favorite books, who would you be? 
  7. Which national park do you want to visit one day?
  8. What is your favorite thing to cook?
  9. What makes you feel on top of the world?
  10. If you could live in any book for a week, which book would it be? 
  11. What do you want others to see in you? 

*gives you candy if you made it through this post* Will you be doing this tag? =) What's one of your favorite animals? Would YOU rather live in a tiny cottage or a modern apartment? What is one of your favorite memories? What is a quote that you love? Grab some ice cream and let's chat!

23 comments:

  1. Great post! I might have to steal this one...
    Most girls seem to go through a horse phase when they're little, but mine just hit me--I think about the second time I watched Arwen's first scene in The Fellowship of the Ring, and it gave me chills. Ever since then I've been a bit obsessed with horses in movies. I've never really ridden a horse, so I can't say how much I like them in real life. =)
    Have you seen The Princess Bride? My siblings and I quote that movie all. the. time.
    "Getting a hug from my little brother." <-- So much yes to that!! #allthecuteness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you definitely should! =DI'd love to see your answers!

      YES. Lord of the Rings definitely has helped horses become my favorite animal. And that Arwen scene... *shrieks* One of the best scenes in that movie! =)

      I have seen the Princess Bride! I think my favorite quote is, "As you wish." =)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Thank you--nobody else seems to like that scene. =(

      Delete
  2. Hello.
    I'm just dropping by. Cute blog! You should really nominate real people. It sort of takes out half the fun of a tag when you're not particularly tagged. I think what makes it so hard is that people have to nominate 11 people, and that makes it overwhelming. Maybe that should be changed. This is not the first blog I see that on. What if we change that rule?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Libby May! =) It is really hard to nominate 11 people. I suppose the rule could be changed, but the tag's been around for so long that it might be hard to do. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. LOVED reading your answers, Micaiah! (and I feel like I've been scarce around here lately. Oops? xD) And I need a horse too - so bad. It's a shame I don't live in the country.

    And I JUST realized how crazy it is that you haven't even had this blog for SIX MONTHS, and yet it looks so professional! Way to go, girl *highfive*. (and are you participating in the Rooglewood contest this year?)

    ~ Savannah @ Scattered Scribblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, Savannah. I.NEED.A.HORSE. !!!!!!!!!! \
      AHEM.
      Great post, Micaiah! Your answers were awesome. ;)
      Jaidyn Elise

      Delete
    2. Aw, thank you, Savannah! =) You blog is super professional too (I'm in love with your design!). Rooglewood is having another contest? I haven't heard of it yet... If so, then YES! =D

      And thank you to you too, Jaidyn! =)

      Delete
  4. I loved your answers Micaiah!!!!

    I'm a fellow horse nut too. Love them to pieces.

    Just curious on the When Calls The Heart reference, are you referring to the book or the TV series?

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine! =)

      Horse lovers unite! *high five*

      The TV series. I have read the book though, and I'm currently reading the Return to the Canadian West series. =)

      Delete
  5. Hi there!
    I'LL DEFINITELY DO THIS TAG!!
    Loved your answersss, Micaiah!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I can't wait to see your answers! =) And thank you!

      Delete
  6. Yay! You did it! I'm loved all of your answers. I would spend a week in Narnia as well. It just so magical!

    ~ Pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Pip! It is so magical and beautiful and Aslan.....

      Delete
  7. "missionary/writer/blogger/cookie baker/mom to many (aka like Katie Davis)" < SAMEEE. Like, you literally named all my life goals in one sentence!

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Micaiah! I think you already knew that I would like this post. I dont quote things from movies very often but I do thoroughly enjoy quoting my friends and family. Especially things from "Howie." Maybe I'll do this tag but on my YouTube channel... I'll have to see if that would even work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Amy! Haha, I do know that you like quoting friends. Oh, you definitely could answer the questions in video form! =D That would be so cool!

      Delete
  9. It was a lot of fun to read your answers! XD I love how you love Uganda, and am curious if you lived there for an extended period of time, or if you traveled there for mission trips. Or neither? XD Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! =) I didn't live in Uganda for a long time, sadly, but I went there on a missions trip with the ministry of Sixty Feet, an organization that works in Uganda's child prisons, and fell in love with the country and its people.

      Delete
  10. That's really fascinating that you liked Uganda! I have yet to travel there :)

    And your answers are great, Micaiah. Honestly. They're really meaningful and light and you are an amazing human!

    - andrea at a surge of thunder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get to go one day. =)

      Aw, thanks, Andrea! =)

      Delete

Yay, you've decided to leave a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from my readers and can't wait to see what you have to say. Be sure to check back for my response, as I do my best to respond to all of your notes! =)

CopyRight © Micaiah Saldaña | Header and Brand Designed By Eric Barr | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan