The Sunshine Blogger Tag

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Recently, the amazing Savannah of Scattered Scribblings tagged me with the Sunshine Blogger Tag. Thanks, Savannah! =) This looks like a lot of fun! And I've been tagged quite a few other times (thank you so much, everyone! =)), so be on the lookout for more fun tagginess! If that's even a word.
Which it should be. Anyways, the rules.... 
Rules: Answer 11 questions from your nominee, tag 11 bloggers, and ask them 11 new questions. 
Do you own any signed books?
Don't you love the matching bookmark? =)
I do happen to own one lovely signed book-but only one, although I hope to add to that collection. I have a signed copy of Purple Moon by Tessa Emily Hall, and it's one of my absolute FAVORITE books. Isn't the cover lovely? Which brings me to the next question... 
What are three of the prettiest books you own?
AAAAHHH THIS IS SO HARD. I love book covers, and I have picked out books partly for the covers.... Such a shallow bookworm I can be. xD Well, here they are, and I have restricted myself to only pick books I own in print.... Not the millions of pretty e-books I have. 
Purple Moon by Tessa Emily Hall, my special 50th year anniversary edition of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, and For Love and Honor by Jody Hedlund. Aren't they gorgeous? =) 
What are five of your favorite blogs?
Wow. This tag is HARD. I FOLLOW MANY BLOGS AND I LOVE THEM ALL. I'll pick five random ones that I love. =)
If you could re-write the ending of one book, which book would it be?
Hhhhmmmm.... This is hard to decide. I think I'd rewrite the ending to Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. It was just so SAD. And not what I had in mind for Katniss and Peeta and everyone else. If it was me, it would be more.... Confetti and happy and cupcakes everywhere. Which doesn't exactly tie in with the rest of the series but why can't party hats and giant cakes go with it?
How did you come up with the title for your blog?
Well... I have had two previous blogs, the first named A Little Bit of Everything and the second Ramblings of a Writer. As I prepared to start my current blog, I was practically banging my head on my piles of notebooks as I tried to think of an original name that would fit my blog. And then, I had it... Notebooks. I love notebooks. And novels. Who doesn't love novels? So I named my blog Notebooks and Novels, after two things I love. =) 
What is the last movie you watched, and what did you think of it?
The last movie I watched was Ant-Man. I liked it. A LOT. Okay, who am I kidding, I loved it! I just love Marvel, and I am NOT a DC girl. At all. But anyways, the movie was a great spin on the original Ant-Man story, and I think it was done very well. I also enjoyed how we got to see a certain Avenger in one scene.... Which is probably my favorite part of the entire movie. =D 
What's one of your favorite memories from 2017 (so far)?
One of my favorite memories.... THAT IS WAYYYY TOO HARD. Probably sitting around the campfire beneath a canopy of stars with s'mores, my family, and a notebook. It doesn't get much better than that, if you ask me. =) 
How is a raven like a writing desk?
I know this one! They both make NOTES! =D Thanks, Jest! And yes, I have read a bit of Heartless so far... And now lemon tarts sound lovely. =) 
What are your three favorite fandoms?
*head bang* Umm.... This is a hard tag. When I say hard, I mean HARD. How am I to pick?! Well, I'll start with two obvious fandoms: Narnia and Middle Earth. I mean, Tolkien and Lewis. Who doesn't love them?! And as my third... The Avengers. Earth's mightiest heroes. And for the record.... Go team Cap. =) 
Do you prefer writing by hand or typing? 
Despite my many escapades with with writing novels in notebooks, I prefer typing. First of all, my hand prefers it. Like, REALLY prefers it. Secondly, it's SO much faster than writing by hand, not to mention neater. Lastly, there's something about that clickety click sound as my fingers sweep across the keyboard that is so satisfying. Am I the only one? =) 
What's a story you'd like someone to do a re-telling of?
Hhhmmm.... There's SO many! Probably "Thumbelina" for me. How has there not been a retelling of one of my favorite childhood stories yet?! If there is, please kindly direct me to it. Thank you. If not, then I have another writing project to attend to...
I Tag...
Jem Jones @ Jem Jones
Allie Taylor @ The Depth of My Faith
Karyssa Norton @ No Coffee, No Can Do
Lilly Shyree @ A Lilly in God's Garden
Mary Elizabeth Horton @ Sunshine and Scribblings
Rebakah Eddy @ Rebakah's Remarks
Bellethiel Marcaunion @ Ramblings of a Pilgrim on the Way
Ellen @ Ellen's Everyday Events
Andrea @ A Surge of Thunder
Bethany R. @ A Great God and Good Cocoa
My Questions...
What is your favorite type of post to write?
When did you start writing?
What is one piece of advice you'd like to give to new bloggers?
Do you prefer Microsoft Word or Google Docs?
What member of the Fellowship of the Ring can you relate to the most?
How are you pursuing your dreams right now?
What is the hardest part of being a writer?
What is your favorite hot drink?
How do you come up with your story ideas?
Which do you prefer, ebooks or paperbacks?
What is one book that has made you cry?


Do you have any signed books? What are some of the prettiest book covers you've ever seen? How did you come up with the name for your blog? Which do you like better: Marvel or DC Comics? Let's chat in the comments!

43 comments:

  1. THIS.
    WAS.
    AWESOMENESS!!!!!!! =DDDDDDDD
    Jai =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS TAG!!!!! I'm really really excited to do it <3

    Your answers are great! Signed books are the best, haha. AND YES please give me a Thumbelina retelling!

    - Andrea at A Surge of Thunder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I can't wait to see your answers. =)

      Thanks! Yes! See? We should tell all the authors of the world to get writing on that retelling. xD

      Delete
  3. Hardest question on here was the three favorite fandoms one... like, seriously? Just three?!!

    Fun tag!

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have so many.... I didn't have room to put the Hunger Games up there. =(

      Delete
  4. Awww! You said you loved my blog! You're so sweet, I love yours too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! =) You really do have a lovely corner of the internet. =)

      Delete
    2. By the way, I just tagged you for the Liebster Award! I guess you are very taggable lately:P If you'd hech out the post I would be very grateful.

      http://pipandlolly.blogspot.com/2017/05/hello-are-you-ready-for-asuper-long.html

      Delete
  5. I came up with the name of my blog (Quill Pen Writer) in a very similar way! I was scanning my room for inspiration and the feather quill pen I owned stuck out to me, and bam! Title chosen. XD
    Loved your answers! <3

    melissagravitis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so neat! It's funny how writers come up with names for things. xD

      Thanks, Melissa! =)

      Delete
  6. I'm one of your randomly-picked favourite blogs?? *blushes* *dances around bedroom* *making pterodactyl noises*

    Fandoms... *deep breath* Narnia! Middle Earth! Marvel! (although the Flash is pretty good.) And YES to confetti and cupcakes for Katniss and Peeta!

    [So now I've got the compulsory fangirling over with...]

    I have two signed books I bought from op shops?? did their owners not realise??? But I also have one that was new and addressed to me! I won it in a writing competition!!

    ...that sounds a lot more impressive than: an author ran a fanfiction competition and I was older [I assume] than the other kids who read those books, so mine won? xD

    Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! =) I love your blog, and your little owlet is ADORABLE.

      I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! *gives you cupcakes* *wishes Katniss and Peeta could have some* *decides Peeta can make his own*

      That's awesome! =D What was the book you won? And congrats on winning that competition! =) I bet your entry was amazing and that' why you won. =)

      Delete
  7. Ahh! This is such a fun tag! Wow, those questions are hard. How did you ever manage to come up with answers for them? (The questions you chose are not very easy either, but that's okay because I like hard questions. :D)

    Yes, memories like that are always the best. Campfires, s'mores, family/friends... you can't get much better. ;) I like your choices for fandoms. So glad I don't have to answer that because I love soo many. I agree, typing is so much faster and neater. Although, I do like to write too. I just prefer to type. :)

    Thank you so much for tagging me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! They ARE. I have no clue. Lots of head banging, I suppose. xD Just kidding, there was no head banging... Just some salted caramel hot chocolate. =)

      I agree! =) Yeah, I like writing too (my notebooks can attest to the fact xD), but typing is faster and neater.

      You're welcome! I can't wait to see your answers! =D

      Delete
  8. Ugh, yes, Mockingjay's ending was SO sad. I felt so horrible for weeks after reading it :(

    I totally get the thing about pretty ebooks. Most of my books are ebooks, so I can only dream of how pretty they would look if they were hard copies xD

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hands you tissues* It was probably THE SADDEST ENDING I've read. Except I'm sure Heartless will top it. We'll see.

      YES! And I mostly have ebooks too, so I'm with you on imagining them be hard copies. xD

      Delete
  9. You're so sweet, girl!! Thanks for tagging me :-) I'll try to get it done as soon as I can!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'e welcome! I can't wait to see your answers! =D

      Delete
  10. Thanks for tagging me, Micaiah! I just did it:
    http://bethanyr4him.blogspot.com/2017/05/tag-time.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Oh, can't wait to check it out! *scampers over to your blog* =)

      Delete
  11. THAT MEMORY FROM 2017 SOUNDS QUITE AMAZING. And even though I'm sentimental and say, "I have to write in notebooks! Technology is taking over!" I prefer typing -- it's muuuuuch faster! And yes, that clicking sound is so satisfying. ;)

    May @ <a href="https://foreverandeverly.wordpress.com/>Forever and Everly</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn it I hate when the code doesn't work. *cries* *is embarrassed*

      Correction: May @ Forever and Everly XD

      Delete
    2. It was! Haha, yes! I'm not the only one who loves that sound! =) You use a code? I... Never knew that was possible. YOU MUST TEACH ME THE WAY TO DO IT.

      Delete
    3. Micaiah: The code for your blog is basically

      a href="http://www.notebooksandnovels.com/"[insert text here]/a

      EXCEPT. Put < before the "a" in "a href", and before the "/" in "/a". And then insert > after the " in your link, and after the "a" in "/a".

      Does that make sense??? XD Basically just do what I did with messed up link, except with your URL, and then a quotation mark after the link.

      XD I think I just confused you even more.

      Delete
    4. I'm gonna try it too.....

      Micaiah @ <a href="https://notebooksandnovels.com/>Notebooks and Novels</a>

      Delete
    5. I got it! *claps wildly* Thanks for showing us how to do this, May! =D

      Micaiah @ Notebooks and Novels

      Delete
    6. Oh, yay! I'm so glad that I helped you guys! :D

      Delete
  12. I'm sorry I finally got around to reading this post... thank so much for tagging me to this!! I'll try to get around to doing the tag some time. It will probably still be a while though. xD I'm getting tagged more often now.

    I think the book Martin Hospitality has a very pretty cover!

    The most recent movie I watched was Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken!! Have you seen it? It is very good!!

    - Lilly Shyree (alillyingodsgarden.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all right, and no problem! =) It does have GORGEOUS cover, and I have got to read it! I haven't seen Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. What is it about?

      Delete
    2. I've read half of Martin Hospitality. I really need to finish it. *sigh* I'm so bad at finishing books!!

      It's inspired by the true story of a girl who was a horse diver girl. It's basically where you mount a horse and dive off a high tower. It's actually pretty cool!!

      Delete
  13. The cover of For Love and Honor is soooo pretty! So is your copy of The Hobbit. My copy has a similar cover, with that simple, old-fashioned look, and I love it!
    Also, you mentioned my blog!! Seriously, that made me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I LOVE her dress! Thanks! =D I do love my copy of The Hobbit, a gift from my grandpa. The illustrations inside are gorgeous too! =)

      Aw, well you DO have a lovely blog! =D

      Delete
  14. Ooh, Purple Moon's so pretty. And you have a 50th anniversary edition of the Hobbit?! That's really, really cool.

    Thank you so much for the tag! :3 It might take me a little to get to it, I'm kinda in the process of moving blogs, but I look forward to doing it. *grins*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I do, and it is super cool and sssooo pretty on my bookshelf next to my rather tattered copy of LOTR.

      You're so welcome! Can't wait to see your new blog! =D

      Delete
  15. I also prefer typing and would change the ending of Mockingjay. :) Love that you own a signed copy of Purple Moon! Have you read Tessa's latest, Unwritten Melody? I like it even better than her first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the only one! =) I have read Unwritten Melody, it was SO GOOD. I think I like it even better than Purple Moon too, although they are both very good. =)

      Delete
  16. Hi there Micaiah! Your blog looks like so much fun! (and hot chocolate is amazing so yes, I think we will get along rather nicely :P) Now because I want to answer these questions, here we go:
    Do you have any signed books? Unfortunately, no. D: But I hope to someday.
    What are some of the prettiest book covers you've ever seen? "Lost in a Book" by Jennifer Donnelly has one of the prettiest covers I've ever seen I love it so much.
    How did you come up with the name for your blog? I think myself of fourteen-or-so thought it would be super cool, and so when myself of 17-or-so decided to actually make a blog, I still thought it was super cool. Yeah.
    Which do you like better: Marvel or DC Comics? MARVEL! (Although, I do love Young Justice)

    ~ Abby {novelsdragonsandwardrobedoors.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete

Yay, you've decided to leave a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from my readers and can't wait to see what you have to say. Be sure to check back for my response, as I do my best to respond to all of your notes! =)

CopyRight © Micaiah Saldaña | Header and Brand Designed By Eric Barr | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan