I'm Back!

Sunday, July 16, 2017

I'M BACK!!!!!!! *cue epic music* Whew, that was a longer hiatus than I thought I'd take, but now I am SO ready to stick around the lovely blogosphere. A lot has happened since I've been gone, and I have the pictures to prove it. Be prepared.... There's quite a few. xD And please note that I'm not just doing a monthly highlights post this time around, I'm doing highlights from my the time since my hiatus.


  • My family got to go visit my cousins in beautiful Montana this past trip. We got to go to a super cool fair where a bunch of local vendors sold their handmade wares, and OH MY GOODNESS I FOUND THE MOST PERFECT NOTEBOOK FOR MY COLLECTION AT JUST MY TYPE DESIGN'S BOOTH. It's an 100 year old book that has been turned into a gorgeous notebook. And guess what? You refill this notebook with Moleskine notebooks so you can reuse it over. And over. And over. *sighs* I'm in love with it. And don't you LOVE the design of Montana on the cover? =)  
  • My sister and my cousin both turned 13. *jaw drops* How? Why? THEY ARE NOW TEENAGERS!!!!! 
  • Glacier National Park happened. See my main graphic up at the tippy top of this post? That's Going-To-The-Sun Road, one of the most beautiful roads I've ever been on. And how about those cute little red buses? Glacier was probably the most beautiful place I've ever been to. Mountains, waterfalls, forests hidden lakes.... I mean, take a look at Avalanche Lake (above). Best. Lunch view. Ever. The photo doesn't do it justice. Also, if you ever head up to Montana, grab a huckleberry chocolate bar. Scratch that, buy two. You'll thank me later. 
  • I also got to visit the Oregon coast recently. Tillamook ice cream, giant sand dunes, and a fun hike during which I photographed my little bird friend (above) ensued during that camping trip.  Isn't he so cute? =) 



The plot bunnies. Guys, THE PLOT BUNNIES. More stories, more ideas.... HELP!!!!!! I've taken a long writing break and am so ready to jump back in!

One plot bunny in the form of a collage. IT'S SO PRETTY I WANT TO WRITE ABOUT IT!


My favorite book I recently read: Glass Girl by Laura Anderson Kurk
I seriously finished this whole book in one day while sitting in a car during our trip. It was SO GOOD, and that same day I purchased its sequel to enjoy on the rest of the trip (which I'll get to later...). The main character was amazing, the setting was breathtaking, and the interactions between Henry and Meg were so sweet! A book review for this one may be coming soon. =)

My least favorite book I recently read: Perfect Glass by Laura Anderson Kurk 
Perfect Glass felt like a let down after Glass Girl, to be honest. I wasn't the biggest fan of Henry's POV and the love triangle going on felt SO cliche. *unhappy sigh*



 What have you all been up to? Plot bunnies, anyone? Have you read any of Laura Anderson Kurk's books? Have you found any cute notebooks lately? Eaten any ice cream (please say yes)? Let's talk, it's been FOREVER!

15 comments:

  1. Micaiah!!! WOW, I LIVE IN MONTANA! We go up to Glacier all the time to hike and stay in cabins! I can't believe you were so close to where I live! lol THAT IS SO CRAZY! Soooo glad you are back and had a fun vacation! <3
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO WAY THAT'S SO COOL!!! I absolutely LOVE Montana! Aw, I'm so jealous, Glacier is so beautiful. =) Thanks so much! =)

      Delete
  2. Yay! So glad you're back! I just bought the cutest notebook! I'm planning on posting pictures of it in my next post. I've eatin lots of ice cream and even made some coconut ice cream. I'm looking forward to your next post!

    ~ Pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! =) Ohh, coconut ice cream. I'm hungry now (even though I just ate some vanilla ice cream...). Thanks, Pip! =)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Sounds like a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAAAAAYY YOU'RE BAAAAAAAACCCKK!!!!!!!! *hugs you*
    Do you know what kind of bird your 'bird friend' was?? It almost looks like a finch....? xD
    Well, I'll be looking forward to up coming posts! =D It sounds like you enjoyed your hiatus. ;)
    Jaidyn Elise<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW IT'S BEEN SO LONG! *hugs*
      I'm actually clueless to that fact. xD Maybe he was...
      I did, and I'm excited to be blogging again! =)

      Delete
    2. Yes, it has!! =D
      Hahaha.....maybe! =P
      Yaaaayy!!! Good for you, girl! <3
      Jaidyn Elise<3

      Delete
  5. YOU'RE BACK *hugs and pizza and salted caramel hot chocolate*

    I ADORE your pictures <3 I'm such a nature girl myself. Sometimes I think I'd be happy forever writing and hiking xD

    THE PLOT BUNNIES ARE ON THE RISE. I got attacked but an insanely vicious one the other night and I CANNOT STOP THINKING ABOUT IT. I hope yours have a bit more patience ;)

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW IT'S BEEN TOO LONG!!! *enjoys pizza and salted caramel hot chocolate*

      Thank you! =) Yes, that would be perfect! Hike, write, hike, write.... Repeat.

      I KNOW IT'S INSANE!!!! Same! I think I may have to write this one.... It will NOT leave me alone. xD

      Delete
  6. THOSE MOUNTAINS HOLY SMOKES. *all the heart-eye emojis* My dad has always wanted to take a trip to Glacier and NOW I REALLY WANT TO GO. :'') It looks so beautiful. AND WOW THAT NOTEBOOK IS SO CUTE!! I love the idea of refilling it with new notebooks...so cool.

    PLOT BUNNIES LOLOLOLOL GOTTA LOVE EM, RIGHT?? I've gotten at least 3 new plot bunnies this past month and...it's not helping me stAY FOCUSED ON MY CURRENT WRITING PROJECTS UGH!!! but oh well. :)

    I hope you have an awesome summer!! <3

    rock on,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *heart eye emojis with you* YES YOU REALLY SHOULD!!! Thanks! It is awesome, and it's like the never ending notebook. =D

      I know it's so hard to stay focused! I hope they don't bug you too much, WE NEED MORE ABBIEE WRITING!!!

      I hope you also have an epic summer!

      Delete
  7. Love it! I just got back from an outreach we did with our church, and I journaled the whole time in the notebook you gave me! I had it in the mesh pocket of my suitcase, so I read "write!" every time I walked by, and it made me happy. =)
    And yes, ALL the plot bunnies! Where do they come from??
    Glad you're back!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's so awesome! =) I'm glad that you're loving the notebook-I've been keeping your bookmark in my prayer journal to mark my spot. =)

      I don't know... Everywhere, I suppose. xD

      Thanks, Hanna! =)

      Delete

Yay, you've decided to leave a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from my readers and can't wait to see what you have to say. Be sure to check back for my response, as I do my best to respond to all of your notes! =)

CopyRight © Micaiah Saldaña | Header and Brand Designed By Eric Barr | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan