3 Reasons You Should NOT Read Books

Friday, December 29, 2017

Okay, okay, I know that the title of this post LOOKS bad, but read on. You'll understand. xD 
You Might Learn Something
Learning... WHO WANTS TO LEARN ANYTHING ANY MORE?!?! I mean, why learn about pride and prejudice and sense and sensibility from Jane Austen? Why do you want to even think (because thinking is VERY VERY bad) about, well, anything!?!? 
You Might Become More Creative
THIS IS A TRAGEDY. Creativity.. I don't get it. Who in the world would want to become more creative? The imagination has to go. We need a blander, less exciting world. Enough said. 
You Might Enjoy It 
This is the biggest reason I have to present against reading. You might actually enjoy it. And who wants to enjoy a good book? I mean, laughing and crying with the characters, getting lost in wonderful, fantastical worlds and having your family ask what's wrong with you during certain parts (it happens, guys).... HOW TRAGIC. DEFINITELY DO NOT DO IT. NO READING!!!


 So... What did you think of my reasons? Obviously, this post was pure sarcasm. xD I LOVE READING. But honestly, can you think of ANY reasons as to why people should NOT read books? And why should people be encouraged to read books? What benefits do people get from having a love of reading? Are there any problems with loving to read (crying in bed over a character's death maybe...)? Let's chat, everyone!

14 comments:

  1. XD
    I'm crying over here, I'm laughing so hard! This was PERFECTION! Your reasons, though . . . they're so true.

    Some people shouldn't read books because they might actually learn that other people exist, and the world doesn't revolve around them. :) I think that certain books should be avoided because they aren't the best things to be putting in our heads, but that's the only reason I can think of to not read. Well, that, and homework. :(

    People should be encouraged to read because reading is the ultimate achievement and pastime in life - it brings you from your world into another one and shows you things you may never have considered before. It's also a good time-filler.

    Ugh, yes, bookworms are so hardened to the world. We've already experienced our babies' deaths, mutilations, and emotional scarring, so we have no pity to waste on people. Also, we have finely tuned interaction-avoidance mechanisms which we hold up to our faces and stare at. :D But, other than that, reading has us set up for success!

    Great post! I'm out of words, but it was awesome and funny and amazing!

    Brianna | noendofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm so glad that you enjoyed this post. =)

      YES. That's a great reason! I agree with the certain books part for sure! Aw, homework. =( It always seems to get in the way of our busy reading schedules.

      I love all of your reasons that you've listed! Ah, yes, bookworms have habits that seem peculiar to others... But reading is so worth it! =D

      Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment, Brianna! =)

      Delete
  2. Definitely no reading! You might be inspired to write your own books and get lost in a world of your own making! The horror! No, reading must be banned at the earliest time possible. The future of our children depends on it.

    Loved this! Great sarcasm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? READING SHOULD BE BANNED!!!

      Thank you! =)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE THIS.
    You might THINK, and that'd be bad, wouldn't it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, thinking and reading should both be banned!!!

      Delete
  4. "Crying in bed over a character's death
    ..." That's the one reason I shouldn't read - I get hopelessly swept into the story and attached to the characters ;) Thanks for making me chuckle, Micaiah! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah! Sometimes I have to screech into my pillow for awhile until I'm back in reality. You're welcome-I'm glad that you enjoyed this post. =)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for writing this, Micaiah!

    Honestly I have to leave my books in my locker at school so I can go home and actually do my homework and get some sleep :) I guess that we can't love books to the point that we are unable to fulfill our responsibilities, which is kinda sad :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Grace! =) I'm glad that you liked it.

      Aw, poor books... That's actually a good reason not to read at certain times, I suppose. Unless you can read AND do chores at the same time...

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, the biggest problem with reading is getting so super attached to characters that AREN'T REAL. It's the worst! (But I secretly love it.) Reading is just the bomb, yo! Even if some stories break my heart. Hope you have a rad 2018!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay, you've decided to leave a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from my readers and can't wait to see what you have to say. Be sure to check back for my response, as I do my best to respond to all of your notes! =)

CopyRight © Micaiah Saldaña | Header and Brand Designed By Eric Barr | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan