It's The Little Things

Saturday, December 2, 2017

It's the little things. The little things that make me smile.  The little things that make my heart swell up in my chest. The little things that make me want to sing and dance, despite the fact that I am most certainly not talented in either area. The little things that make me sigh.

It's the little things...

A good laugh. A glowing smile. A sappy Christmas movie. A salted caramel mocha from Starbucks. Rain. Lights outside the house at night. A sigh-worthy poem. The smell of a Christmas tree. Cinnamon rolls. Crisp, cold air. Text messages from my dad. The rustle of the pages of a book. Christmas songs lilting like lullabies.

...That remind me of how blessed I am. Yet, there are also the not-so-little things as well. 

A God who loves us so much that He sent His son down to earth as a baby to save us. Family that never stops loving. Friends that make me laugh and smile so hard that my face hurts. A puppy with feet that look like they’ve been dipped in white paint.

It's the little things. It's the not-so-little things. They all remind me, like a whisper, like a shout, that all of us are blessed and loved by a God whose love knows no bounds. 

What about you?


What little things remind you of how loved and blessed you are? Not-so-little things? Let’s get some mochas and chat in the comments, friends!

14 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes. <3 *happy sigh because this post is just so lovely*
    Little things...warm, clean clothes, the smell of cinnamon, sunlight streaming through the windows.
    Not-so-little things...my awesome, crazy family, friends that stay up late texting, JUST SO MANY THINGS AND I LOVE THIS POST SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm so glad you liked this, Hannah! =)

      Ohhhhh I love all of those little things. The smell of cinnamon, sunlight... And your not-so-little things are wonderful too! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS COMMENT! =D

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post, Micaiah!

    Little things for me are friend's conversations, comments on my blogs, music, and brother boppings :)

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine! Those little things are wonderful-blog comments like yours always make my day. =)

      Delete
  3. YESSS!! YEs. yES. aLL ThE THingS.

    Love this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Esther! =) I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  4. I've been trying to be happy with little things as of late - so this post was well timed. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that this came at a good time for you. You're welcome! =) Thanks for stopping by to comment!

      Delete
  5. This was beautiful and so, so true <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little things are so awesome if you're in the now enough to notice them! It can be difficult to train yourself to focus on them, but they're overwhelming when you do! Thanks for bringing them to the forefront!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to everything you said! You're most welcome-thank you for sharing your thoughts. =)

      Delete
  7. Love this post <3. I would add the first sip of coffee, and the early mornings when everything is quiet before the rest of the family gets up. Cozy Christmas lights and random phone calls from dear friends, heart emojis and holidays with families... and the grace of a God who gave all that I might have all <3.
    Love, Bri
    www.forget-not-his-benefits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Bri! Yes to all of those little things! =)

      Delete

Yay, you've decided to leave a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from my readers and can't wait to see what you have to say. Be sure to check back for my response, as I do my best to respond to all of your notes! =)

CopyRight © Micaiah Saldaña | Header and Brand Designed By Eric Barr | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan